Sunday, October 12, 2008

School

School started last monday. I went to my first class expecting people to say hi to me or approach me in anyway. which was the opposite of what happend. Before school leo had said that everyone was really excited to meet me and kept asking about when i would come but when i got there, it was like i didn't exist. The first day kind of sucked.

Tuesday wasn't really to much better.

I didnt have classes on wednesday because there was "sportfest". Instead of going to school, you go to a track and just do events and get graded for it all day long. They didn't have pole vaulting though which was disapointing because thats the only event im really good in.
People did talk to me though! It was pretty cool. It was a mixture of german and english and it worked out ok.

In case anybody is wondering, german is not coming along very well. I cant understand anything going on in class and only sometimes do i understand what people are actually saying to me. And im trying really hard too!

Here is my schedule:

Monday- 90 minutes Physics, 45 homeroom, 90 politics, 90 latin

Tuesday- 45 Latin, 90 german with 5th graders, 90 Bio, 90 Religion

Wednesday- 90 Math, 90 german with 5th graders, 90 english, 45 Latin

Thursday- 90 Phycology, (what would be a 10th grade german class. 90 minutes free) plus there is a 45 minute break after those perriods so i go home for 2 hours. 90 minutes english, 90 minutes gym.

Friday- 45 German with 5th graders, 90 math, 90 german history, 90 chem.

I have off all next week because of fall break so i'm not sure what ill be doing. Then they week after everybody in class is going to Magdeburg to do internships((kind of). So i don't have shcool for the next 2 weeks. This will give me time to learn the trig that we are learning in math class!



Crazy Sword Guy

Gommern

3 comments:

Molly said...

that schedule sounds quite difficult..hang in there little jip..and btw, we do not speak of my ailment in public forumn.

katielenahan said...

Jp! i agree with Molly - what a schedule, even for an american english speaking student! It must seem super hard - but I know from experience the language thing gets easier! And I bet all those students were just shy imagine what you would be like if an exchange studnet went to your school. Anyway hang in there, in the long run it is going to be an invaluable experience!!!

Mary Ann said...

So I stalk your blog pretty much daily and think that you should spend less time studying and more time posting. Just kidding (kind of). Those classes sound hard.