Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"Can i open the window please?"

Sooo. I haven't written a post in a while. Sorry about that. I went back to school last wednesday and i have been back in school for almost a week and a few days. I got a few grades back the past few days and they haven't been too bad. My grades won't actually start counting until february because that is when the 2nd half of the school year starts. I have been taking tests just to get used to them though... Im averaging a 3 which is almost like a C.... it goes 1-6 like A-E... I don't think thats too bad for not understanding everything on the test.

We switched from Trig to Geometry today in Math. I was almost understanding the trig before and now im completely lost with this new stuff. I'll let you know how everything turns out.

When it comes to the language, sometimes i have good days and sometimes i have bad days. Some days ill understand (almost) everything and i feel really good and i talk to lots of people and other days i cant understand anything and i dont talk to people in school. Once again, well see how it turns out.

At the end of the month, we have another 1 week holiday but im not sure why. But im going with my host family to Austria to ski in the ALPS! I'm sooooooo excited. i love skiing and im used to doing it every weekend( even if its only at frost) and i really miss it!

I started Tenis on Tuesday. I'm pretty bad but need something to do! I havent dont any sports since i came to germany! I have also started running! I will join Track and Field in April. I'm also thinking about running a 10K in Hanover which would be great. I really want to run a marathon too but i need alot of training for it. If anybody has trained for a marathon before and wants to give me a marathon training scheudule, email me! I would really appreciate it.

For everybody that has sent me letters and packages, THANK YOU SO MUCH. I really love everything little thing that i get. I'm trying to reply to the letters with other letters but its taking time. Keep your eyes on your mail for the next few months!

Ill post some pictures in the next few days!

John

5 comments:

katielenahan said...

skiing in the alps?! Oooo I'm jealous. Good luck with tennis and track too- oh, and I'm certianly not going to keep MY eye on the mailbox, I've been too let down before!!!! Thanks for keeping me entertained by updating :)

Anonymous said...

Shaun Kuter, Katie and Ian Preedy can all give advice on marathon training.
When you need advice on competitive eating, get in touch with padre.

Chippperdo said...

hey thats sick that your averaging a 3.....in some classes im doing well and in others not so much. Zum Beispiel heute bin ich in Religion ausgefragt worden. Zum Glück habe ich eine Zwei bekommen. Aber das sagt gar nichts. Auf die Geschichte Ex habe ich eine 6 bekommen. Ich lauf auch gern. Ich bin schon 10k gelaufen aber bin noch nicht ein Marathon gelaufen:D. Ich glaube das ist zu viel für mich.

hoffentlich war mein Deutsch richtig:D

bist dann
Chip

Katie said...

3? man, I'm jealous. I wrote a 3+ in my ENGLISH history class, because apparently my responses did not have a 'beginning, middle and an end' and I didn't leave enough room on the sides for him to correct.

Yes, I'm bitter. And I got a "good try, Katie!" in religion. But like... math? no idea. French? dropped it. etc., etc. I'm glad I'm not properly being graded.

And as for running-- apparently I jog now, with a smoker and another exchange student. It is quite the adventure. I'm hopefully going to sign up for the badminton team at the sport club (if i ever get this host family thing figured out!). By the by, when do you have your half-time camp? I don't know where you live in Germany.

Molly said...

i average a 3 in college! yaay!! but i average a 1 in competitive eating yeahh