Wednesday, September 10, 2008

ahhh

Now that the high of "Wow! I'm in Germany!" has worn off, i cant stop worrying! What i'm mostly concerned about it the language. I feel like i'll never get the hang of it. I am on my 3rd day of my language class and i feel like i am not learning fast enough. The teacher is an idiot and only speaks in german. If you have a question, she answers it in german thus making me more confused and still no answer. And did you ever realize that a person has an average vocabulary of 40,000-50,000 words?!??! I have to learn every single one.l I start school in less than a month and i'm going to fail every class. Then i won't get credit for this year and i will have to repeat 10th grade. I almost want to go home.

My host brother Leo is probably the best teacher i have. He helps me with everything! He devotes about an hour a day helping me learn new words.

I wish American schools started teaching forein laguages in 2nd grade....

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

I know right! My cousins in texas started going to spanish immersion school in kindergarten and now they're fluent
bleh
i hate them they are like 9 and im 15