Sunday, September 28, 2008

Dinner when parents are out.

I haven't posted in a while but not much has been going on. I have been going to Language school everday and i still don't feel like i'm getting the language. Real school starts next monday and i'm reallly nervous about it.

On thursday when i was walking to school, two guys around 20 cornered me against a wall and started speaking rapid german to me. i told them i didn't speak much german and that i was from America (in german). One ended up being from California and the other from Utah. They're here in germany spreading the word of Mormon.....they said to stop by their "church" on the 3rd floor above a burger king to get a free book of mormon.....Seems legitimate.

I'm not sure if i have talked about this before but german breakfasts are amazing. There are 3 or 4 differnt kinds of bread to put cheese, meats, butter, peanutebutter, NUTELLA!. anything you want. Its amazing!


At the local Zoo

Sometime this week i will post a bunch of pictures of my host family, Aschersleben and other things. If i'm bored ( and need a distraction from studying german) ill make a video!

1 comment:

This blog is... said...

Hi John,

This is Nick from AFS-USA. How's Germany going so far? Well, I am definitely jealous of your opportunity to be in such a wonderful country for so long! Awesome.

Well I am contacting you because I came across your wonderful blog and you're doing such a great job documenting your trip, with photos and personal reflection.

We have recently created the Official AFS Blog (http://afsgoabroad.blogspot.com) and would love to feature your blog at some point, if that's alright with you. If you haven't already checked it out, I highly recommend it.

I was also curious if you would be okay with AFS possibly using some of your best pictures to add to an AFS Germany online photo gallery. Here's what the AFS Germany slideshow looks like so far: http://www.usa.afs.org/usa_en/view/7341

Please let me know as soon as you can whether this would be alright.

Thanks John, I'll look forward to your response.


Nicholas Triolo
AFS-USA eMarketing Advisor
ntriolo@afs.org